Determine satellite from metadata Error-5

asubramaniam

Determine satellite from metadata Error-5

Post by asubramaniam »

Dear Quentin

When I try to open a S2 file, I am getting this Error-5 Determine satellite from metadata message. The S2 file that I point to is inside the granule directory of a .safe folder. I am running acolite on a mac. Could you please help me understand what this error message is all about? The details of the error message are below.

Thanks
cheers
Ajit

% Program caused arithmetic error: Floating illegal operand
% IDLFFXMLDOMDOCUMENT::LOAD: Parser warning: File: , line: 0, column: 0 : An exception occurred! Type:RuntimeException,
Message:Warning: The primary document entity could not be opened.
Id=/dpc/app/s2ipf/FORMAT_METADATA_TILE_L1C/02.10.03/scripts/../../../schemas/02.12.06/PSD/S2_P
DI_Level-1C_Tile_Metadata.xsd
Ignoring gains for processing Sentinel-2
ACOLITE version 20170718.0
% IDLFFXMLDOMDOCUMENT::LOAD: Parser warning: File: , line: 0, column: 0 : An exception occurred! Type:RuntimeException,
Message:Warning: The primary document entity could not be opened.
Id=/dpc/app/s2ipf/FORMAT_METADATA_TILE_L1C/02.10.03/scripts/../../../schemas/02.12.06/PSD/S2_P
DI_Level-1C_Tile_Metadata.xsd
quinten

Re: Determine satellite from metadata Error-5

Post by quinten »

Dear Ajit

Could you provide the name of the scene you are processing? Did you get it from the SciHub?

It could be a L2A scene instead of a L1C scene.

Quinten
davidACOLITE

Post by davidACOLITE »

Dear Quinten

As per Ajit's issue of 31 Oct., I have the same error when trying to process S-2 MSI L1 C.

I have tried with two different scenes, on my local directory and the processing is starting but Error-5 is popping up everytime, with no output files.

As "input" I used the directory name of the ganule as follows:
"...\S2A_MSIL1C_20170401T002101_N0204_R116_T55KGS_20170401T002101.SAFE\GRANULE\L1C_T55KGS_A009265_20170401T002101\"

As I stumbled on this thread, I thought I should add this comment. Any hint where to look to trying to solve this problem?

I am using the latest version of Acolite on win32.

Thanking you in advance for your time and help,
David
quinten

Post by quinten »

Hi David

You should be able to process this scene by selecting the .SAFE folder itself rather than the specific granule.

I did not bother to check this method of selecting granules when ESA changed the distribution from multi-granule scenes to the current single granule formate.

Quinten
davidACOLITE

Post by davidACOLITE »

I thought it was the first thing I tried, but possibly not.
My mistake indeed, this is a frantastic (and much needed !) application and I was too impatient to get it working.

Thank you very much Quinten, it works now.