how about icing?

Questions about the physical processes behind the model, or if you want to share your ideas about new implementations, please post a thread.

Moderator: mummjo

Sou
Full name: Soudeh Afsharian

how about icing?

Post by Sou »

Hi,
I know that the model prevents the formation of the ice at the surface by proposing this condition: T > αfS , αf = −0.0575 C/PSU.
I want to know how can I remove this condition? actually the lake that I work on some times forms ice on the surface. I appreciate if you clarify it.
Thank you,
Sou
pluyten
Full name: Patrick Luyten

Re: how about icing?

Post by pluyten »

Sou wrote:Hi,
I know that the model prevents the formation of the ice at the surface by proposing this condition: T > αfS , αf = −0.0575 C/PSU.
I want to know how can I remove this condition? actually the lake that I work on some times forms ice on the surface. I appreciate if you clarify it.
Thank you,
Sou
Dear Sou,

In stead of using this default minimum condition, you can also slect a fixed minimum using the parameter 'temp_min'. If you set temp_min to a large negative value (day -999.0), the minimum condition is de facto removed since relaistic temperature will never attain a value below this minimum during the simulation.

Best regards,

Patrick
Sou
Full name: Soudeh Afsharian

Re: how about icing?

Post by Sou »

Thank you Patrick, That's exactly what I need!