Download COHERENS

If you are a new user, please take a look at this thread. All questions related to the download of the COHERENS code, the installation and how to run the pre-installed test cases are to be posted here. Experienced users are also encouraged to take a look at this forum to help newbies.

Moderator: Katrijn

ndunwosu@gmail.com
Full name: NDUKAKU NWOSU

Download COHERENS

Post by ndunwosu@gmail.com »

Hi,
I am trying to download and install COHERENS on a Windows 8 computer.
I get to your ftp site,
Select coherensV2.7.1.tar.gz
download it but I cannot get the files to install.
What step(s) am I missing?

ND
Katrijn
Full name: Katrijn Baetens

Re: Download COHERENS

Post by Katrijn »

Hi ND,

COHERENS is intended for linux-platforms.
Installing COHERENS means basically to untar the file and put it somewhere safe.
To run a test cast you make a directory,
in that directory you make a symbolic link 'COHERENS' to the place where you put the code.
then write in the command line 'COHERENS/install_test -t cones'
then 'make linux-gfort' according to your fortran comiler this command can change
then './Run'

make sure to have netCDF and a fortran compiler installed and adjust coherensflags.cmp accordingly to those installations.

Please read the section 'getting started' on the web site: http://odnature.naturalsciences.be/cohe ... troduction

Hope everything works out fine,

Katrijn
juliana186
Full name: Juliana Wilson

Post by juliana186 »

Hi, is there other way to download COHERENS to window7? if so can you please how me how? i think i missed something i cant open the file it says file broken or corrupted.
Katrijn
Full name: Katrijn Baetens

Post by Katrijn »

Hi,
Even though coherens is not meant for windows you still can download and extract the files. I downloaded *.tar.gz file and after used 9zip from windows to extract the files. So there should be no problems.
Cheers,
Katrijn