Page 1 of 1

tide modeling

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:25 pm
by pooran
Hi everybody,

I am going to run a test case that has two open sea boundaries, the west and south boundary on barotropic mode. I have extracted the tidal constituents from the OTPS database. My result is good except in the UV- node (i =1, j=1). My speed reaches 2 m/s. Could you please tell me how to fix this problem?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.


Re: tide modeling

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:45 pm
by pooran
Here is an image of my results

Re: tide modeling

Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:09 am
by Katrijn
Hi Pooran,

First thing I would do is to check if you have extracted the tides at the correct positions (u and v node positions)
Did you switch longitude and latitude around when extracting the tides?
When you have a look at the values of the tidal constituents of unode(1,1), vnode(1,1), are they pretty much the same or way different?
If this doesnt work you could use the relaxation scheme, but I doubt this will work here.

Re: tide modeling

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:43 am
by pooran
HI Katrijn,

Many thanks for your reply. I enabled the relaxation scheme in my test case before. Without the relaxation scheme, the speed value is so high in all boundaries, but this scheme has not worked for i=1,j=1 point
I will check the above items that you said and I will back to you.


Re: tide modeling

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:20 pm
by pooran

My problem solved with changes below.
1- extracted U and V constituents from OTPX database
2- Then I changed ityp2dobu=ityp2dobv from12 to11

I hope this would be helpful for everyone with the same problem.