Ancillary data download

Frequently Asked Questions
quinten

Ancillary data download

Post by quinten »

Ancillary file download requires an EarthData account . You can put your EarthData credentials "Username" and "Password" in the config/acolite_config.txt or your settings file:

Code: Select all

## EarthData
EARTHDATA_u=Username
EARTHDATA_p=Password
Alternatively you can export them to environment variables which should be accessed by ACOLITE.

Edit 2021-08-11: Your EarthData account needs to have approval for the OB.DAAC Data Access and LP DAAC Data Pool to access respectively the ancillary data and SRTM DEM data. Login to your EarthData account to check Authorised Apps, and click Approve More Applications if necessary: https://urs.earthdata.nasa.gov/profile

Quinten
arunocean

Re: Ancillary data download

Post by arunocean »

But not downloading the ancillary files. Don't know the reason why. Can you please assist

quinten

Post by quinten »

Hi

I cannot see the image you posted, can you describe the steps you took and which image you are trying to process?

Quinten
arunocean

Post by arunocean »

I have added my EARTHDATA user credentials in the configuration file. However, while processing Sentinel-2a data for my region (Andaman) on 2020-01-31 the software is not downloading the ancillary data still. I'm unable to add the screenshots here to show. Kindly resolve.
quinten

Post by quinten »

Hi

Is it just the TOAST download that is failing, or all the ancillary data? I believe the TOAST files are no longer produced/distributed, so for recent files this will be changed in the code. If all files are failing, it may be an issue with your configuration.

Quinten
quinten

Post by quinten »

It is possible that the failure is caused by a lack of the right Authorised Applications in your EarthData account - please check the edit of the first message in this thread!

Quinten
quinten

Post by quinten »

As of 2023-10-16 the default ancillary dataset is GMAO MERRA2 data from OBPG oceandata server. These seem to be available after ~6 weeks, and for older imagery the new default setting can be used:

ancillary_type=GMAO_MERRA2_MET
For NRT data you can use the FP data:

ancillary_type=GMAO_FP_MET
Documentation of these ancillary data can be found at https://oceancolor.gsfc.nasa.gov/resour ... ancillary/

Quinten