How can I compare atmospheric correction effect among different band combination?

zoelu

How can I compare atmospheric correction effect among different band combination?

Post by zoelu »

Hi,

I want to compare atmospheric correction effect among different band combinations like Advantages of high quality SWIR bands for ocean colour processing: Examples from Landsat-8 Remote Sensing of Environment did. That is band 4 and 5, band 5 and 6, band 5 and 7, band 6 and 7.
But the ACOLITE can only choose NIR atmospheric correction (band 4 and 5) and SWIR atmospheric correction (band 6 and 7?).
How can I do other comparisons?

Thank you very much

Best Regards

zoelu
quinten

Re: How can I compare atmospheric correction effect among different band combination?

Post by quinten »

At the moment the 5,6 and 5,7 band combinations are indeed not available from the GUI. If you are interested I can add those options in a future release.

Is there a particular reason you want to evaluate using the NIR/SWIR combination?

Quinten
zoelu

Re: How can I compare atmospheric correction effect among different band combination?

Post by zoelu »

Dear Quinten,

Thank you and look forward to a future release with the 5,6 and 5,7 band combinations. And I want compare atmospheric correction effect among different band combinations over other extremely turbid inland waters.

Best Regards

zoelu
quinten

Post by quinten »

Dear zoelu

From the current version the NIR+SWIR option can be selected in the Advanced settings. Please not that here the aerosol type (ratio NIR/SWIR) will be always fixed for the (sub)scene, as the NIR bands are not black over turbid waters. A simple filter to find non-turbid waters is performed (see Vanhellemont & Ruddick, 2015), but this might not be appropriate for your waters. Let me know if you have any issues or comments.

Quinten