ACOLITE Mac: Utils_applescripts.scpt wasn’t found

quinten

ACOLITE Mac: Utils_applescripts.scpt wasn’t found

Post by quinten »

I have received several reports of the acolite_mac.app or the AppleScript not working because the Utils_applescripts.scpt could not be found. It occurs on systems where the app did work before. The file in question is included in the Mac version, and at the moment I don't know of a fix for this problem. If anyone was able to solve this issue, please let us know!

You can still launch ACOLITE from an XQuartz terminal:
  • 1) start an XQuartz terminal
    2) cd to the acolite_mac directory
    3) run the IDL wrapper script with the acolite.sav file:

Code: Select all

idl84/bin/idl -rt=acolite.sav
quinten

Re: ACOLITE Mac: Utils_applescripts.scpt wasn’t found

Post by quinten »

I found a solution to this problem! Please follow these steps:
  1. Download the attached acolite_mac.scpt.zip file and extract the acolite_mac.scpt AppleScript file.
  2. Place acolite_mac.scpt in your acolite_mac directory.
  3. Open the AppleScript editor by double clicking acolite_mac.scpt.
  4. Verify that the script is working by pressing the play arrow, or by entering command-R, or by selecting "Run" in the "Script" menu. This should launch XQuartz and the IDL runtime. Click the "Ok" button in the IDL runtime pop-up.
  5. If the script is working, you can generate a new acolite_mac.app by choosing "Export..." in the "File" menu.
  6. In the Export window, choose "Application" from the "File Format" dropdown menu.
  7. Click "Save" and then "Replace" the original acolite_mac.app
(*) Make sure you have XQuartz 2.7.9 installed!

(*) You could also skip the first three steps and directly open the AppleScript editor (/Applications/Utilities/Script Editor) and paste the contents of the acolite_mac_mac_script_source.txt file provided in the acolite_mac distribution.

(*) Example of the "Export..." option.
acolite_mac_export.png
acolite_mac_export.png (223.72 KiB) Viewed 47034 times
Attachments
acolite_mac.scpt.zip
(4.79 KiB) Downloaded 849 times